[linux-dvb] Re: Vdr "video data stream broken"

Christian Schuld wrote:

Normally "ERROR: video data stream broken" indicates, that VDR doesn't get any data out of the DVB-card. The reason might be a tuning failiure or this mysterios bug, which happens only with VDR in a multi card setups. I suppose none of the driver developers actually use such a setup with VDR regulary, because then it would have gotten more attention - simply because it is really annoying ;-)

One more datapoint for you, in my setup I have VDR running with 4 DVB-T PCI cards and it works fine.

I regularly have timers recording programmes on 2 or 3 cards simultaneously and have never seen the error you describe.

Perhaps the errors above only occur with one or more full featured cards?

Jon

Home | Main Index | Thread Index