[linux-dvb] Re: av7110 Registers

Ok, I hacked together some code to create the VIDEOHSIZE window and it
worked!  The thing is I don't think its possible to do without some
sort of kernel patch.  What I did for now was add a new OSD command
called OSD_OpenVid which it used to open any type of video window.  It
would probably better to extend the OSD_Open command to handle video
windows instead of adding a new command.  So I'm wondering if support
for this can be added to driver.  I'd be happy to help just not sure
what to do next.

Thank You,
bball

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 02:15:13 +0200, Ralph Metzler <rjkm@metzlerbros.de> wrote:

> Johannes Stezenbach writes:
>  > Jeremy Jones wrote:
>  > > Is it possible to read/write directly to the av7110 registers or does
>  > > it require an interface from the firmware ?
>  >
>  > No/Yes.
>  >
>  > > I want to use the 1/4th
>  > > decimation mode of the av7110 to shrink the video window.  The
>  > > docuemntation says that bits 14-12 specify the decimation mode so I
>  > > thought it might be possible to set those bits in the register.  I
>  > > have a feeling that what I'm sugesting is a gross over-simplification
>  > > but it doesn't hurt to ask :-)
>  >
>  > I think it is not that easy because the scaler has to be set up
>  > differently. Much too much work to do right in the current firmware.
>  > Just setting some bit in a register won't do the trick.
>

> There is not really that much to change. See the code for the true
> size display in the firmware I set up for unusual resolutions.
> You only should have to use a different DISPTYPE. I tested that once
> some years ago and it worked.
>
> Or somebody just try creating a VIDEOHSIZE window directly from
> the av7110 driver (but I never tested if that works).
>

> Ralph

Home | Main Index | Thread Index