[linux-dvb] Nova-T USB, Top-Up TV and Crystal Palace Transponder London

Hello:

I have couple of questions just to see if anyone might have any answers to
them.

1.  I live in South London - almost right under the Crystal Palace
Transponder and am using a TT PCline USB (Nova-T USB)  to watch TV in Linux
with XINE.

For some reason or other, I cannot receive Channel 4 or any of the other
channels on that transponder - ie.. ITV, etc ...  every other channel comes
in fine...

However, If I boot into windows on the same box I am able to receive Channel
4, etc fine using the Windows Technotrend Drivers and Software (latest
version from website) .. even the cheap set top box I have in my bedroom has
no trouble receiving the channels.

Anyone have any ideas why this might be?  Does the windows driver do
anything other than turn the green light on the front of the USB device.

I have been using the latest drivers continually from the CVS of the
DVB-Kernel on the linuxtv.org site.

2.  Doing this legally now of course :-) .. I would like to be able to watch
the top-up tv channels on my Linux box, but of course the nova-t (or for
that matter to my knowledge, none of the other PCI or USB DVB devices) do
not take the decryption cards ...Does anyone have any ideas for solving
this?

Cheers,

David

Home | Main Index | Thread Index