[linux-dvb] Re: AW: Re: AW: AW: Re: Avermedia 771 on Gentoo

Hallo Both! =)
Hello Ben, Hello Peter.
(what a monstermail, ive snipped it...)

Ive done that all on my sources in /usr/src/. But it cant be the worst idea
to secure the original kernel-tree...
Mainly i did that all like Peter show here. The kraxel-patch patches just
the bttv-driver (and some other things)
and put the avermediatv in it with the right id. So i would say it makes no
sense anymore to give the card-option
with it - it should autodetect. Im still unsure about that i2c_hw-switch.

What i want to ask you, Peter, is: Is it posible in your area to tune on
frequencies smaller/equal 230Mhz ?
We got around 7 or 8 Programs on 177,5Mhz and 191,5Mhz here in Berlin. Are
there any channels located on
that frequencies in your area? I still have the problem that i cant tune
those channels. The package say, it
support those frequencies. If it will not, this card is mainly useless for
Berlin. I didnt tried this piece
in a wintel box yet, so i cant say... any idea here?

If there is anyone outside that could tell me if the card REALLY supporting
the 2 frequencies above?
Anyone that tried this thing in a Wintel-PC?

Btw. i find the tuning-speed is damn fast with that card. Much faster than
the tuning speed of the
technotrend card (which also runs in my pc).

Crazy that you should hack your mt352.c. It works out of the Box for me,
with just an error while
inserting:

***
mt352_read_register: readreg error (ret == -121)
***

Im not sure if that's maybe the cause that it wont tune under 230Mhz (i mean
i never
ever get a lock. The status switches from 01 to 05 and back, but no lock).

Regards,
Andreas