[linux-dvb] Re: Twinhan Visionplus USB DVB-t with at76c651/tua6010xs?

Hi Patrick,

it is in fact as you say: I identified also on my photos that the vp7041 has a TUA6010XS as PLL. (The chip is in the shielded metal box). You can find a data sheet for this PLL on the pages of Infineon.

PLL means something like "power locked loop" as far as I remember. You stabilize an oscillator having a high frequency by dividing this frequency and comparing the quotient to the (very stable) frequency of a crystal oscillator of a lower frequency. So you can tune the high frequency as a multiple of the crystal oscillators frequency digitally by setting the divisor. (There may be additionally a constant offset between the high frequency and the the frequency of the TV station.)

Best regards

Bernd

Patrick Boettcher wrote:

Hi,

By accident I found some interesting lines in at76c651.c. The part, where
the driver prepares the buffer for setting the frequency. The
ready-to-send buffer is identical to the one I have to send to the vp7041
for the exact same reason.

So it seems that the vp7041 has also a tua6010xs for PLL (I don't know
exactly what PLL is, but I can imagine what it does..).

Is anyone aware of a dvb-t frontend which uses a tua6010xs?

This could be important for the vp7041 users, because I don't know the
dvb-chip on the device and there is no label on it (after removing
the cooler). And just sending anonymous buffers to a device make it
hard to optimize.

Thanks,
Patrick

Home | Main Index | Thread Index