[linux-dvb] Re: Catching unsupported (?) RC5 keys via AV7110

Gert-Jan van Dijk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've got a Philips RC, and I want to catch the keys via /dev/input/event0.
> The problem is that some of the RC5 keys are not getting thru.
>
> For debugging, I used evtest in /apps/av7110_loadkeys, and turned on debug
> prints in both av7110.c and av7110_ir.c, and I see that no interrupts are
> generated for the keys I'm missing.

Are you sure your RC sends IR signals on all keys? I have a RC where
some keys do not do it, some of them which labels where you would not
expect it (SETUP, Showview, P<P)

At least lines like

#########0000080c######### addr 0 data 0x0c (keycode 116)

should appear in the syslog for each key that generates a valid IR
signal if you have set av7110_ir_debug=1.

Wolfgang