[linux-dvb] OSD Patch

Hi all,

I have attached a patch to address a limitation of the OSD API.
Currently, the OSD API does not provide the ability to create many of
the window types supported by the av7110 OSD.  I have implemented a
change in the OSD_Open command that will allow the creation of any
type of OSD window without breaking compatibility with the current
API.  The change interprets the data field of the osd_cmd_s structure
as a flags argument.  To maintain compatibility, the first bit is used
to control whether or not the window will initially be hidden.  I have
defined the second bit to control the meaning of the color field of
the osd_cmd_s structure.  If this bit is not set the color field will
be interpreted as the color depth of the OSD window (again, to
maintain compatibility).  If the second bit is set, the color field
will be interpreted as the window type to be created (as defined by
the av7110_window_display_type enumerated type).

I am really only interested in using the VIDEOHSIZE window to create
an IRD-like EPG, but if the OSD API were to change I figured why not
change it to be able to create all the window types.  I have done
testing of the change and haven't noticed any problems yet.  Would it
be possible to get these changes added to the CVS repository.

Thank You,
bball