[linux-dvb] help with skystar2

hello everybody,

sorry if that is the wrong place to ask user-questions. I have a
TechniSat SkyStar2 ( b2c2 ) and successfully compiled the linuxtv-1.1.1
package for 2.4 via make and later make insmod. I have this modules
loaded without errors:
skystar2
video-buf
v4l2-common
v4l1-compat
dvb-core

The Documentation/dvb/faq.txt tells me that I have to use
/dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 as stdin for mplayer/xine to watch tv: This
device is not there. Its never created. If I manually create it as
char-device, major 250 minor 5 ( as done by some header included by
skystar2.c, from my limited linux-kernel-c expiriences ), xine does not
really work, too.

Any help ?

Thanks, Sascha Retzki

Home | Main Index | Thread Index