[linux-dvb] Re: Are frontend events queued?

Alfred Zastrow wrote:
> Wolfgang Fritz wrote:
>
>  > I'm trying to get some facts about the infamous "video data stream
>  > broken" error in VDR.
> [...]
>
> I have a system with two rev. 1.3-cards and I observed following
> regulatities:
>
> - the 1st recording after a cold boot results in a "video data stream
> broken"- vdr-restart
>
> - following recordings are working in nearly all cases, but the first
> some pictures are showing artefacts. It looks like tuning isn't finshed
> right in time.

This matches *exactly* my observations. A non finished tuning seems to
be at least one possible reason for the "video data stream broken"
error. I've never seen the error during a running recording up to now
(others heve, maybe you get the error on a lock loss too, which is not
handled gracefully in VDR).

Yesterday I've found the line

#define WAIT_FOR_LOCK_AFTER_TUNING 1

in VDR dvbdevice.c which was _disabled_ (commented out) on VDR 1.3.10.
I have now enabled that feature and additionally changed the
cDvbTuner::Action() method as shown in my original post (found that
suggestion in the VDR mailing list). My daily "Tagesschau" recording
which usually triggers the error very reliably today worked without
problems. Of course this is without statistical significance but I will
do more tests soon.

My system: EPIA ME6000, 1 Nexus-s rev. 2.1, 1 Skystar2 rev 2.6c, Kernel
2.4.25-epia, dvb-kernel 2.4 branch, VDR 1.3.10

Wolfgang

> Alfred

Home | Main Index | Thread Index