[linux-dvb] Re: Hauppuage Conexant cx2388x DVB-T board GPL driver release

On Monday 06 Sep 2004 12:37, Steve Toth wrote:
> >> And a very minor issue, probably I am wrong anyway: is it OK to write
> >> the min freq straight into the static info struct?  What if you have
> >> cards with both types of tuners in your machine and the UHF-only one
> >> gets initialised second?
> >
> >I've actually just written some code to fix that  - will check in later :)
>
> Many thanks. As it turned out, we only shipped into production with a
> single tuner type.
> You're looking at some hardware prototype hacks, they're probably
> unnecessary for retail boards.

Dunno, its up to you really...

One thing I'd suggest is wrapping the call to cx22702_validate_eeprom() in a
test like:

if (!strcmp(adapter->name, "WHATEVERISAPPROPRIATE")) {
 cx22702_validate_eeprom()
}

Or is the EEPROM structure always the same for all cx22702-based cards? (I'm
guessing its Hauppauge specific).

I know for a fact that Leadtek LR6650 cards are cx88 based with a cx22702
demod+ a Thomson DTT 7579 PLL, so it would make it easy for someone to
support those in the future. In fact, I have information on how to program
that tuner right here, so I might as well do that while I'm at it.

What do you think?

Home | Main Index | Thread Index