[linux-dvb] Re: CX22702 conexant/leadtek support

Andrew de Quincey wrote:

On Tuesday 07 Sep 2004 12:18, John Dalgliesh wrote:

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004, Andrew de Quincey wrote:

On Tuesday 07 Sep 2004 11:16, John Dalgliesh wrote:

On Mon, 6 Sep 2004, Andrew de Quincey wrote:

Now that the cx22702 code is there, I've added support for the tuner
on the Conexant reference design (Thomson DTT7579) - this is what the
Leadtek LR6650 card appears to be as well.

I do not have one of these cards - the tuner code is based on my
initial analysis for the new Nova-t before I heard about Steve's
driver. I cannot confirm it works correctly as it has a different
tuner. It should do though. The cx22702 code _may_ need some
additional tweaks if the reference design is wired slightly
differently.

I can confirm that the tuner config is correct for the DTT757Xs that
are used on DVICO's FusionHDTV DVB-T Lite .... not that that is
probably any help to you since you are concerned with a completely
different board :D

Are those at all based on the conexant reference design out of interest?

Not sure, but if so then they didn't think very much of it - it's got a
Zarlink MT352 demod and a (cheaper? older?) Fusion 878A as the PCI bridge.

So no, probably not ;)

Aha - one question, am I right about it not having a SAW (7/8MHz switchable bandwidth) filter? Robert pointed out that maybe the driver I was looking at just hadn't written that piece of code - I've got no way of knowing.

Modern Direct-Conversion tuners don't necessairily need an SAW filter anymore, they can filter using cheap L/C or R/C filters combined with digital IIR/FIR filters in the demod. See e.g. http://www.highfrequencyelectronics.com/Archives/Jun04/HFE0604_DirectConv.pdf for some theory, you'll find may more references on the web.

For 6/7/8MHz DVB-T signal the center frequency of the downconverted "zero-IF" input signal is usually around 4...4.5MHz, the lowpass cut-off frequency around 8...9MHz.

Holger

Home | Main Index | Thread Index