[linux-dvb] Re: CX22702 conexant/leadtek support

> Sorry, I have no idea! In fact I think I have even less information than
> you on this tuner (only the control word settings for each freq band).
>
> It is worth noting 'tho that DVICO's main market for their DVB-T cards
> (currently) appears to be Australia [most likely because it has 'HDTV' in
> its title which could cause much confusion in Europe :]. So I would expect
> that whatever setting they put in would be 7 MHz by default.  And since
> you guys are working off a reference design intended primarily for the
> European market (right?) its default would be 8 Mhz. The control setup is
> the same so probably no filter.
>
> I'm also guessing that Chris Pascoe is one person on this list who can
> really answer the question. Much extrapolation involved in that guess, but
> reason being that in his linux driver additions for the MT352 (still not
> committed to linux-dvb..?) for the FusionHDTV DVB-T1 (non-lite version),
> there is a bit of code in the (LG) tuner config that goes:
>
> #if IN_GERMANY
>         tuner_regs[3] |= 0x08;  /* Activate IF SAW filter */
> #endif
>
> (Presumably this define should be changed to bandwidth==8 and probably
> already has, i haven't downlaoded it recently)
>
> So, when he releases his drivers for the DVB-T Lite we will hopefully all
> find out! Or he might see this and answer (or, more likely, tell me to
> stop my long-winded idle speculation :)

I get it - there are two DIVCO cards, one of which has an LG-Z201 and one has
a Thomson 7579. They both use the TUA6064 chip. However, the pins to control
the SAW filter are GPIOs - so they could vary from tuner to tuner.

Chris, I've CCed this your direct dvb address as well - would you be able to
confirm if the Thomson 7579 has the same GPIO line configuration as the
LG-Z201?

Home | Main Index | Thread Index