[linux-dvb] Re: cx22702 patch

> This does several things (I thought I should run it past you
> first to check
> everything is ok) :

Excellent, many thanks for the valuable input. They look good.
At least my use of Thom_p_son was consistently bad :)

> A couple of questions for you:
> * Where does 264000000 come from in pll_dtt759x_set_tv_freq - why
> not use the
> charge pump settings given in the datasheet in the VHF range?

264Mhz. Interesting. The original information came from an earlier
version of the datasheet dated sept 2003. The driver was based on this.
When we asked Thomson for permission to release, we asked for a later
datasheet [also supporting the 7596 and 7597 :)]. I just noticed that
264Mhz is not even mention in the latest March 2004 datasheet.

That's an oversight, it can be corrected when the admins finally reply with
CVS write access.

> * "dvbtune fails to set LP correctly, default to HP". IMO,
> dvbtune should be
> fixed, and the driver do the correct behaviour.

I completely agree, and hence the comment in the driver as a reminder.

> * why is the AUTO configuration commented out??

I spent a couple of hours without any real success. Not sure why.

The frontend driver was developer over two days back in hmm... May? My
memory
is a little sketchy but I remember that autotune wasn't working correctly,
and
I decided to remove it until more time was available.... I guess I never
picked
up the thread where I left off.

> I hope to start using it all here today.

Excellent.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index