[linux-dvb] Re: PID's in FF and Budget cards

> > Budget card treats pid 0x2000 as full-ts and can get it,
> > FF card does not recognize this so full-ts is not possible
> > with this card and pid 0x2000. Anybody can explain why?
>
> Because the budget cards send the TS from the frontend directly to the
> SAA7146, while the FF cards send it to the AV7110 which can only
> decode it, not pass it unmodified. There even is a hardware patch which
> adds the missing link to FF cards

Hi,

as I don´t understand the technical details on this patch, two little
questions:
- Does this hardware modification have any negative impact, or to ask more
precisely, does hardware decoding, TV-out etc. work as usual (I think so,
otherwise someone wouldn´t have said that he has seen it on a Nexus 2.2)?
- Do I still need to patch the drivers or is a hardware modificated Nexus
automatically detected with latest CVS drivers?

Wiht kind regards

Jörg

Home | Main Index | Thread Index