[linux-dvb] Re: PID's in FF and Budget cards, summary. Encryption case?

Hi,

At 14:13 9/09/04 +0300, Irek Defee wrote:

>>>Can the DECRYPTED PID’s  be filtered out and transferred from the card
>>>over PCI bus?
>>Yes, as already Holger have commented;...
>I still have an issue with this. I understand your patch is for getting
>Full TS. Before I heat soldering iron, I would like to  know if AT LEAST
>FEW decrypted PID's can be transferred out of the card WITHOUT the
>patch???

Whithout the hardware patch, on a Techno Trend FF card we have the big
bandwith limitations of this design (AV711x firmware and hardware path
used to send the MPEG2 sections); this result as low as one video stream
and a few audio streams (one TV channel), but I don't think that two TV
channels will be possible :-(. You could have an idea of the limits
trying to capture several FTA channels.

>Regarding the CAM's there are definitely available so-called
>Professional
>CAM's which can decrypt full TS. These CAM's are expensive (range of
>400€)
>so before buying I would like to know if having such CAM I would be able
>to get 32 decrypted PID's from the card *without* the patch....

If you have a professional application that allow the use of this
expensive CAMs, the direct and easy way is to use a CI budget card! :-).
Forgive me if this thing (CI budget card) isn't currently supported as
I don't have any and don't know :-(.

Best regards:
--
Roberto Deza Asensio