[linux-dvb] Re: ALPS tdmb7 conflict with cx22702

On Thursday 09 Sep 2004 16:02, wolfgang@leila.ping.de wrote:
> Hi,
>
> IIRC the TDMD7 uses the TDA10046 as a demodulator.
> Wouldn´t it be better to use a proper check for the chip which responds to
> the I2C access instead of binding a frontend to some specific card?

I was talking about the tdmb7 - I assume thats a typo above. It uses a cx22700
as a demodulator. I didn't realise that before - hmm, interesting I probably
have the docs for the tdmb7....

However, the driver for the cx22702 is seperate from the tdmb7 - but both
chips use the same i2c address - so simply testing for a chip response is not
enough, as they'll both respond.

Many chips have no other way of identifying them, so the only way is to
identify the hardware they're wired to - the STV0299B driver does this a lot
due to different manufacturers using different wiring/parameters.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index