[linux-dvb] Re: ALPS tdmb7 conflict with cx22702

wolfgang@leila.ping.de wrote:

Hi,
Holger Waechtler schrieb:

We were talking about the TDMB7.
Sorry, was a typo by me.
Seems i remembered a different module, as i was already informed to be wrong. ;-)
[...]

what do you think about this approach?

Sorry if i wrote not clear enough. Your summary looks very good to me! :-)
There still seem to be some frontend drivers bound to specific cards (which probably is only due to not yet finished i2c migration, is this right?), but this is not the main point.
What i was thinking about is that some frontends share the demodulator and its connection (concerning setup) but only differ in the PLL IC used, and such could also share all code necessary to control and set up the demodulator. However, my point of view is somewhat limited to OFDM frontends at the moment, so i am not sure if such a modularization would be possible and would make sense in general.
Furthermore, frontend detection would get even more complicated because not only the demodulator would have to be checked (at least i hope that every i2c-controlled modulator offers some possibility to check if one is talking to the right chip),

unfortunally many controllers don't provide this info. Only a few contain device-id registers.

Holger

Home | Main Index | Thread Index