[linux-dvb] Re: CX88 i2c issue w/ DVB tuners

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004, Andrew de Quincey wrote:

> On Thursday 09 Sep 2004 23:41, Gerd Knorr wrote:
> > > Just hope there isn't a card out there with both DVB AND analogue tuners
> > > on it....
> >
> > class isn't a value but a bitmask, so you can actually say the card
> > can do both analog and digital tv ...
>
> Ah right cool. Eurgh, nasty problem waiting down the line when those cards
> Holger mentioned appear.

I don't think I understand the condition you are worried about. Do you
mean that the card has to have two separate (i2c-addressable) tuners, one
for analogue and one for digital? Or would a card that has one tuner that
does both like <http://www.dvico.com/products_mul_hd3.html> be a worry?

Just wondering :)

{P^/

Home | Main Index | Thread Index