[linux-dvb] Re: CX88 i2c issue w/ DVB tuners

> > IMO OSS frontends that are in the official kernel source should use the
> > official kernel facilities though.
>
> why are only closed-source driver writers free to use an elegant and
> easy-to-use API? why should we stuck to an useless API just because it
> is "OFFICIAL"?!?
>
> my definition of freedom is that everybody is free to choose the
> simplest and technically most elegant way.
>
> All this p.c.-conformity and obedience makes me just sick. Let's end
> this thread, everybody is free to write as elegant code as he likes.

OK fair enough, _BUT WE STILL HAVE TO FIX THE PROBLEM_.

I've read your proposal, and yeah, it makes sense, is simple, and easily
doable. I've submitted my proposals, which I believe are likewise. Neither of
them involves any large code changes.

I don't really mind either way myself (although naturally I lean slightly
towards my suggestion). I'm only concerned that _something_ is done.

We need to decide which to do. How?

Home | Main Index | Thread Index