[linux-dvb] Re: DVB-T autoscan for tuning data (was Re: Re: mt352/bt878cleanups, DVICO FusionHDTV DVB-T1/DVB-T Lite patches)

Patrick Boettcher wrote:
On Mon, 13 Sep 2004, Holger Waechtler wrote:

You just need to know the frequency and the bandwidth (which can be auto
as well since there are only 3 different values).
can it also perform the full-frequency scan?

If it means, that the device tries the whole frequency-range
automatically, then afaik no. The frequency and the bandwidth has to be
given to.

I would like to pass TPS values to SET_FRONTEND/GET_FRONTEND, the mt352
driver is a nice example that hardware can handle this directly.

The dib3000mb is afaik (will check that out) only able to crack the
determined TPS into its particular values, not able to be fed by TPS-bits
for tuning.

Maybe we should add a SET_FRONTEND_TPS/GET_FRONTEND_TPS for compability.
A function in dvb_frontend.c could reapack these to a SET_FRONTEND
struct in case that the driver does not implements SET_FRONTEND_TPS. In
v5 we should forbid direct SET_FRONTEND calls for DVB-T.

TPS does not include values for indicating an autosearch on a specific
parameter. How would one enable auto-detection then, when only be able to
set a TPS-bitstream?
I would propose a second bitmask with exactly the same layout like the TPS.

Does all current DVB-T demods have the ability to figure out
the additional parameters (GUARD_INT etc) automatically?
most of them, even the old L64781 was able to determine them (but we never implemented this feature in our driver - any volunteer to do this?)

Holger

Home | Main Index | Thread Index