[linux-dvb] Re: Proposal for new frontend architecture

On Wednesday 15 Sep 2004 12:09, Andrew de Quincey wrote:
> > > Hmmmm... could this be a way to restrict which devices are allowed on
> > > the bus as well?
> >
> > Partly, the drivers have to play nice for that, you can't _force_ them
> > not to probe.
>
> Yeah, but I don't think thats a big problem - we can see the source, and
> moan at the authors if theres one that doesn't play ball.

Actually - wouldn't this be just a matter of placing a new callback in the
i2c_adapter structure? i2c-core's probing loop then calls this callback (if
it is non-NULL) just before it calls into an i2c_driver to see if it should
include it or not.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index