[linux-dvb] Re: Transport errors on Twinhan DST tuners (both DVB-S and DVB-T)

Hi,
		Have you tried the windows based stuff ? Make a comparison between the
windows based stuff and the linux version.

		I got a reply from the company stating that in most of the cases it could be
a software problem.

		When i pointed out that it could be problem with the frontend, they also
seemed not to rule out the possibility of the same. What they say is that "we
do not do anything much in the ASIC, we hab=ve some initialization stuff and
we just get the stuff from here and pass it there ..... ". They also said
they will take a look into the ASIC code. I can't ask them to open up the
ASIC code though.
					With their closed binary only driver, they were complaining about
hardware piracy, pressure from myself and jamie led them to open up their
code.

		Transport errors once in a while could be considered common in a satellite
link ? I'm not talking about large losses here.

		Patrick had a patch, that looked good, he tried to solve the issue, but the
only problem was that patch was causing buffer overflows for me and a couple
of other people. There could be some other way the same idea could be
implemented.

		Please do let me know about your comparison.

Regards,
Manu

Home | Main Index | Thread Index