[linux-dvb] Re: Add .class entry to i2c adapter

On Wednesday 15 Sep 2004 20:55, Michael Hunold wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've dug out the patches I preparied earlier this year which add a
> .class entry to the i2c adapter. This makes it possible for the i2c core
> to match the .class entry of both i2c client and i2c adapter and thus
> effectively isolate the busses of dvb adapters, so they can only be used
> by i2c dvb clients.
>
> The patches come in 2 mails. Does the mailing list have a size limit?

[..]

> The 8th patch makes the i2c-core check for matching .class entries. If
> this is enabled and I have screwed up or forgot something then it's
> possible that clients are not found anymore.
>
> Please have a look at the patches and tell me what you think before I
> submit these to the kernel mailinglist.

They look fine to me.

One suggestion I would have is that if driver->class is 0, it is treated the
same as I2C_CLASS_ALL - then at least the clients will still behave as
previously if you've missed one. I can't think of a reason you'd have an i2c
client which wasn't meant to be loaded onto any bus at all.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index