[linux-dvb] General #define DVB_DEBUG ?

Hi,

is there something like this? if not, would it make sense to introduce it?

In my dib*-drivers I used it to avoid the hundred's of debug-calls to be
compiled in. I'm not a compiler expert, so I can't estimate the effort a
running module has to do a lot of unnecessary 'if (debug)
dprintk(...);'s. Because most of the normal users won't turn on debugging
as they only want to use it and if they really want debug, they should use
dvb-kernel to get the latest versions. Am I wrong ?

best regards,
--
Patrick Boettcher

  Mail: patrick.boettcher@desy.de