[linux-dvb] Re: List of Frontends/PLLs used by DVB devices

From: "Andrew de Quincey" <adq_dvb@lidskialf.net>
> Hi, as part of this new frontend architecture, whichever solution
> we decide to use, we'll need to know which cards use which demod/PLLs
> - we don't really know this right now as we're relying on autoprobing.

Wouldn't you need to know the I2C addresses of the various components as
well? Some components can have different I2C addresses...

I'm not sure about the Linux drivers, but I can give component details
about the following cards (I2C addresses shifted one bit left, i.e. as
you'd put them in the address register):

1. TechnoTrend Budget DVB-C
   Tuner: ALPS TDBE2 @0xC4
   Demodulator: Philips VES1820 @0x12
   Bridge: Philips SAA7146A (VES1820 on port D1_B)
   EEPROM: 2KB @0xA0-0xAE (8x 256 bytes)
   PCI device id: 1131:7146
   PCI subsystem id: 13C2:1004

2. Fujitsu/Siemens DVB-Cable
   Tuner: Philips CD1516 @0xC2
   Demodulator: Philips VES1820 @0x12
   Analog Video Decoder: Philips SAA7113H @0x48
   Analog Audio Decoder: Micronas MSP3400C @0x80
   Bridge: Philips SAA7146A (SAA7113H on D1_A, VES1820 on D1_B)
   EEPROM: 2KB @0xA0-0xAE (8x 256 bytes)
   PCI device id: 1131:7146
   PCI subsystem id: 110A:0000

Regards,