[linux-dvb] Nova-T tuning issues with 2.6.8.1

Hi All,

I've recently upgraded to FC2 and the 2.6.8.1 kernel from FC1 and 2.6.3. I have a Nova-T (old chipset) which worked perfectly under 2.6.3 and still does under windows. However, with the drivers in the 2.6.8.1 kernel, I experience really bad picture breakup and relunctance to tune in using anything other than tzap (piping dvbstream into mplayer just hangs most of the time). If I run tzap on say BBC one then I get a very low BER (<0x10), but playing the same channel through dvbstream -> mplayer it breaks up continuously. I use mythtv, and the backend says that it has failed to get a lock every time it starts (although it will still tune to channels, but with break-ups).

I have noticed an oddity with the firmware. I have an old tda1004x.bin that I extracted from the windows driver, it's about 200Kb. When I use the script provided to download and extract the firmware I get a file approx 20Kb for both 10045 and 10046, neither of which will install (dmesg shows an unsupported firmware message).

Has anyone got any suggestion of where I can go from here? I have tried compiling the CVS dvb-kernel into my tree, but I get a lot of undefined symbols errors, both for sys_read, sys_open etc. and some dvb symbols that I can't remember off-hand.

Thanks in advance,

Paul

Home | Main Index | Thread Index