[linux-dvb] Re: saa7146_init_one(): request_irq() failed messagewith kernel 2.6.8.1

Hi Reiner,

On 21.09.2004 15:48, Reiner Buehl wrote:
dvd-ttpci: cannot request firmware!

Is this a different error or am I still having an irq problem?
A different. Please have a look at Documentation/dvb/firmware.txt.

I admit that the error message is misleading. It has been replaced and will be more descriptive in later releases of the driver.

In short: you either need to setup pci hotplugging and firmware loading (this is available in your distribution for sure) and download and put the firmware at the correct place. Or you need to do the upload by hand.

Best regards,
Reiner.
CU
Michael.