[linux-dvb] Re: Technotrend premium T1200 PCI cards

B.S.E.Hendrix@telecom.tno.nl wrote:

> I am interested in the buying two Technotrend premium T1200 PCI cards
> and put them together in one pc and I have a few question regarding that
> card. I hope someone can answer my questions
>
> -Does the card work in the Netherlands?

As I don't know anything about DVB-T in the Netherlands I cannot say for sure,
but if they use standard DVB-T it should work. There's just one drawback with
these cards: the tuner on such a card can only tune to UHF, not to VHF!

http://www.usa-x.org/dvbforum/viewtopic.php?t=1909&sid=4724651b26f2288c2beb0a822bc935f4

> -Is it possible to put two DVB-T cards into one pc and tune to different
> channels on different screens?

Yes.

> -Are Linux divers available?

Yes.

> -Can the onboard mpeg decoders be used to decode mpeg streams from the
> hard disk and the internet to the composite output of the card? If so,
> is there software available which supports this function?

Yes, e.g. mplayer. But it's just a MPEG-1/2 decoder, it cannot handle MPEG-4.

> -If I use two cards, do I then need one Conditional access card reader
> system or do I have to buy two conditional access card readers?

I'm not sure, but I think you need two CAs, one for each card.

e.g. at www.usa-x.org

Cheers,
Juri

Home | Main Index | Thread Index