[linux-dvb] Re: pwm parameter for ves1820

On Wednesday 22 September 2004 23:24, Robert Schlabbach wrote:
> From: "Lars Altenhain" <lars@altenhain.de>
>
> > The dvb-drivers from kernel 2.6.8 had a parameter for setting the pwm
> > value of the ves1820 frontend used e.g. on the Siemens DVB-C cards.
> > The older of my two cards (rev1.3) needs a different value than the
> > one stored in the eeprom to tune properly. After upgrading to the
> > cvs-driver I noticed, that the pwm parameter is no longer supported.
> > Is there a reason, why it has been removed from the ves1820 module?
>
> Why don't you just put the correct value in the EEPROM? I believe the
> reason this parameter was removed was exactly because it's not needed -
> users should fix their cards (EEPROM) rather than the driver.

How do I write the correct value to the EEPROM? I've only found a thread on
the mailinglist from last year, where this topic was discussed. But there was
no real solution for fixing the card.

Just putting the line "options ves1820 pwm=0x53,0x61" in /etc/modules.conf
worked perfectly for me, so I don't understand why the parameter was removed.

Best Regards
Lars

Home | Main Index | Thread Index