[linux-dvb] Re: Proposal for new frontend architecture]

Gerd Knorr wrote:

(b) It isn't typesafe.

Exactly.  Thats the main issue I see with the approach, we have *again*
a void ptr where we'll pass random stuff, and I suspect the guys on lkml
will still not like that very much.

I see your point in not wanting to have a symbol dependendy,

I can't, introducing this symbol dependency would be a really good thing, no more "my frontend is not detected" mails on this list! Basic frontend drivers without probing and inittables are usually a few 100bytes...2.5kB of code only.

Michael, can you please elaborate what problems you see with this approach?

Holger

Home | Main Index | Thread Index