[linux-dvb] Re: Signal monitoring with dvbtune -m

In <32835.195.166.145.163.1096253377.squirrel@mail.amscomputers.co.uk>, Terry Lewis wrote:

> Tony Houghton wrote:

>> I've got a Hauppauge Nova-T card and I'm having reception problems with
>> the channels on a particular frequency (530167000Hz from Rowridge: ITV,
>> C4 etc). I get these sort of figures from
>> dvbtune -f 530167000 -m
>>
>> Signal=52428, Verror=6160, SNR=65278dB, BlockErrors=0, (S|L|C|V|SY|)
>
> um, ignore me, its 3:45AM, kinda wired atm :)
>
> I meant freq = ((channel no)*8+306)+/-0.167
>
> so you got it right.

I used the scan program anyway.

> (/me refrains from answering mailing lists in his present state)
>
> are you using an internal aerial btw?

Yes, a rather old loft aerial. I was surprised it worked at all TBH, it
hasn't been giving very good reception for analogue. The strange thing
is, it was working OK until recently. I might have to replace it with a
roof aerial, but I'll try some cheaper remedies first.

My aerial amplifier/splitter was supiciously cheap and seems to cause at
least as much interference as it cleans up on the analogue signals, so I
think I should invest in a better one of those. Maybe trying to sort out
the spaghetti factory rat's nest of cables behind the TV will help too,
because come to think of it, it's probably since I rearranged the
equipment that I've had the problem.

--
TH * http://www.realh.co.uk

Home | Main Index | Thread Index