[linux-dvb] Re: alps_tdlb7 with SP5668 PLL

Hi Steve,

nice to see you are still alive.

Stephan Skrodzki wrote:

> I have a FF TT DVB-T 1.2 which is unfortunately not equipped with a SP5659 PLL
> but which has a SP5668 PLL inside. No driver for that is existing yet.
>
> This PLL is not controlled via the I2C on the SP8870 but it has a dedicated 3
> wire serial interface. First measurements gave me the idea, that it seems to
> be controlled by the AV7110, as the wires on the PCB end somewhere under the
> AV7110. I think the could be tied to some of the GPIO pins on the AV7110.
>
> My idea is first to modify the av7110 driver so, that I can use some ioctls to
> trigger every single GPIO. With that action I could find out, which are the
> connected GPIOs. Then I think it would not be too hard to modifiy the tuner
> code to use the SP5668.
>
> My first browsing through the driver gave me no idea, how to switch GPIOs on
> the AV7110 (not! the SAA). So my question is:
>
> How do I control the av7110's GPIOs?

Not. All nine GPIOs are already used for something or the other, however
there's hint in the firmware source for you:

        GPIO1 = IO_IN;                  //MDET
        GPIO2 = IO_OUT_LOW;             //MRES
        GPIO5 = IO_OUT_HIGH;            //DAC CS
        GPIO6 = IO_OUT_HIGH;            //Test Pad
#ifdef DVB_T
        GPIO7 = IO_IN;                  //SCL
#else
        GPIO7 = IO_OUT_LOW;             //LLC
#endif
        GPIO8 = IO_OUT_HIGH;            //22kHz
        GPIO9 = IO_IN;                  //22rHz return

GPIO 3, 4 and 5 are used to talk to the ADAC. GPIO 3 and 4
can also be controlled via  the MainSwitch and ADSwitch
firmware commands (which explains why these commands seem
to do nothing). (I have no idea what GPIO 1, 2, 6 and 7
actually do, as they are only set during initialization
and never touched later.)

The DVB_T macro is not defined when we build the firmware.

What now?

Johannes

Home | Main Index | Thread Index