[linux-dvb] VisionPlus / dst_get_tuna() failure

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a TwinHan DBV-T Ter PCI card, and have been able to load the driver modules, but it's failing when I run scan or dvbtune. I have a feeling that the DST driver isn't expecting an nxt6000 tuner, which is what this card appears to have. I'm using the 2.6.8 kernel drivers.

I've enabled debug in the dst and i2c drivers and run dvbtune and scan. I found that it's failing in dst_get_tuna().

The frequency and bandwidth are sent via I2C as follows:

I2C Write: AA 0B 42 D0 00 08 00 00 DB
I2C Reply: FF

Then the result is requested using dst_get_tuna():

I2C Read: AB 00 00 D0 00 08 00 00 DB

Everything is the same except the top two bytes of the frequency have been zeroed. This causes the function to quit out due to the following line:

if (dst->rx_tuna[2] == 0 && dst->rx_tuna[3] == 0)
return 0;
dst->decode_freq = ((dst->rx_tuna[2] & 0x7f) << 8) + dst->rx_tuna[3];

So does anyone know what might be causing this ? Presumably as there is a check on these two bytes being zeroed, then it must mean something significant.

While plugging the card in I noticed it has an nxt6000 device on it, which apparently is a tuner. All the howtos I read on the VisionPlus didn't suggest loading the nxt6000 driver, though, so I presumed that this isn't necessary, and haven't loaded the driver. I'm starting to think that I'm using a different build of the VisionPlus hardware, though, which has a different tuner. Could it be that the DST driver isn't expecting an nxt6000 tuner at the other end of I2C ? I couldn't tell what tuner the DST driver is actually attempting to program.

Thanks in advance,
Kelvin.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index