[linux-dvb] Re: refactoring

Quick question about dvb_add_frontend_ioctls() - this is used to intercept the
standard frontend ioctl() call (both before and after) so that card-specific
processing may be done.

However, its only ever used to intercept before the DISEQC ioctl so that
card-specific DISEQC hardware can be messed with instead of the demodulator's
support (if there is any).

So we've got a whole infrastructure for doing this that is never used beyond
this one case (and with the frontend refactoring, is never going to be IMO).

I'd be inclined to remove it, and just add an extra function call into the
DVB-S demodulator structures - card drivers set this to non-NULL if they want
to intercept one of the DISEQC calls.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index