[linux-dvb] Re: Multi-Tuner PCI card or USB 2.0 box?

Patrick Boettcher wrote:

On Wed, 6 Oct 2004, Rene Bartsch wrote:

Hi,

as I'm lacking PCI slots I'm looking for a solution of either several
tuners on one PCI card or several USB boxes (which can provide a complete
TS by USB2.0).

Currently I'm aware of only one USB2.0 device. It is the Nebula DigiTV USB
(www.nebula-electronics.com). Alex Woods told me some time ago, that he
started to write a linux driver. Don't know the status.

I can't say anything about the quality of the device. But probably an
external power supply is necessary.

DiBcom is working on a USB2.0 reference design and created a low power
demodulator, so that it will work withou extra power. Probably this device
won't be selled until next year.

October/November 2004 affordable USB2.0 highspeed devices from different vendors with and without linux-support will get available.

Holger

Home | Main Index | Thread Index