[linux-dvb] Re: Nova-T remote

From: "Damon Searle" <djsearle@netspace.net.au>
> I'm trying to modify the budget-ci driver to recognise 32 bit RC5
> codes so I can make it ignore the TV/VCR remotes. After a bit of
> digging I set the driver to printk the results of the
> saa7146_read(saa, 0x88) line within budget_debiread, however there
> only appears to be 16 bits of data returned.
> So is it possible to read the full code from somewhere?

It is actually only _8_ bits. The IR input is preprocessed by an MSP430
microcontroller on the card, which presumably reads its code from the
EEPROM chip right next to it. AFAIK, there is _no_ way to access that
EEPROM (nor the MSP430 for that matter) through the PCI interface. There
should be a JTAG interface soldered on the board next to it, through which
it should be possible to read the EEPROM (and reprogram it).

So if you have the equipment, read that EEPROM (I'd like to have a copy of
its contents, BTW), reverse-engineer it and see if you can change it so
that it works the way you want it.

Regards,
--
Robert Schlabbach