[linux-dvb] Re: video pts differences on dvb-t in the uk

--On den 10 oktober 2004 23:43 +0200 Måns Rullgård <mru@mru.ath.cx> wrote:

But surely the difference should be detectable in some way?
Sure, just compare the PTS fields? I probably don't
understand your question.
There is no requirement for the PTS values in different streams to
ever be equal.  The only requirement is that a PTS is present in all
streams at least once every 0.7 seconds.
But there should be specified somewhere how much they may
differ, which equals to how much buffer a decoder must have.
I even suspect that his lagging audio thing may even be
according to some spec, since most DVB streams seems to
have it.

Do you happen to know if there is any document that says
anything about this?

/ragge

Home | Main Index | Thread Index