[linux-dvb] Re: Tuning problems with the refactored drivers

On Sunday 17 Oct 2004 22:01, lamikr wrote:
> Andrew de Quincey wrote:

> >>Could you try adding the line
> >>        mdelay(50);
> >>
> >>to the end of ves1820_set_parameters() in the refactored drivers and let
> >> me know if it helps?
> >
> >Forget that - just try the latest FE_REFACTORING CVS and let me know how
> > it goes.
> >
> >Thanks for testing + reporting the problem BTW!
>
> No problem, I just wish I could also be able to help in coding...
> Anyway, it took me a couple of days to test because I was away for the
> weekend.
> Tuning in FE_REFACTORING branch has now improved a little but it is
> still not as good as compared to the
> drivers in the HEAD. Now 44-59 channels were found. (Head founds always 77)
>
> Is there any simple timeout parameter I could try to change from the
> drivers for testing?
> Log from the last attempt is below.

Yeah - set "dvb_override_tune_delay" on dvb-core - its the delay between
successive tuning retries in milliseconds - ves1820 is set to 50ms right now
- maybe increasing it will help.

I'll have a look through the code later. ves1820 was one of the trickier ones
to refactor, so I'm not surprised its caused problems.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index