[linux-dvb] Re: refactoring

> Yep, looks like I need to rethink this approach and maybe always wait
> until some time/non-zero buffer size constraint is reached. Or at least
> make it clear that it might be a good idea for apps to do so via some
> artificial overhead if real processing time is too small. Thanks for
> pointing out that very wrong reasoning! :)

Yep, having the buffer watermarks configurable is useful, so apps which
are not latency sensitive can work with larger buffers and sleep longer.

Its also nice for applications to have some filedescriptor they can
sleep on, so they can wait for multiple events using select() or poll()
btw.

> btw 10% CPU? Much of the TV I watch takes ~140% CPU (on my dual G4) since
> it is HD :D (but that doesn't change your point).

For HDTV it doesn't, yes.  I have a snippet hdtv material on my disk,
my machine can't playback that in realtime without framedrops ...

  Gerd

--
return -ENOSIG;

Home | Main Index | Thread Index