[linux-dvb] Re: Need help w/ Cinergy1200

Dear Jakob,

On Monday 25 October 2004 13:43, Jakob Steidl wrote:
> > you should update to the refactoring branch from cvs. (cvs
> > update -r FE_REFACTORING) only there is the current working
> > version of  tda10021.c driver.
> > don't know which version you got from mail archive, perhaps the
> > illegal one (breaks copyright, you should'nt use it).
>
> okay, fetched the FE_REFACTORING branch. but still no success.
>
> ./insmod.sh load (edited version) gives me:
> ventura build-2.6 # ./insmod.sh load
> Inserting DVB modules into kernel
> FATAL: Module crc32 not found.
> insmod: error inserting './tda10021.ko': -1 File exists
> insmod: error inserting './saa7146_vv.ko': -1 Unknown symbol in
> module insmod: error inserting './dvb-ttpci.ko': -1 Unknown
> symbol in module insmod: error inserting './budget.ko': -1
> Unknown symbol in module insmod: error inserting
> './budget-ci.ko': -1 Unknown symbol in module insmod: error
> inserting './budget-av.ko': -1 Unknown symbol in module

Looks like a messed up kernel source ;-)
I did the following (posted is some weeks ago already for AverTV
771):

took the linux kernel version 2.6.8 from kernel.org, took patch to
2.6.9-rc2 from there too, applied the patch, took
patch-2.6.9-rc2-kraxel.gz from
http://dl.bytesex.org/patches/2.6.9-rc2-2/, applied it.

[did this with -rc4, too]

Then I took the linux-dvb CVS checkout (from last weekend, 9 days
ago), made the links to the prepared kernel source, and compiled
the kernel as usual.

[did this with the FE_REFACTORING branch meanwhile]

You may need to create the dvb device files, see MAKEDEV-DVB.sh from
the top dir of the linux-dvb CVS checkout.
...and, it works ;-)

... With both the AverTV771 and the Terratec Cinergy 1200 DVB-C.

> any new hints?

Yes. Try with a stock 2.6.9 kernel, the patches from Gerd and a
fresh FE_REFACTORING checkout.

I can tune some of the bouquets, but unfortunately not all (I am
located in Bremen, Germany, and I suspect my card beeing bad for
the second ARD bouquet with some of the broadcasts I like to view
(rbb, MDR, ...)).

> Jakob

Stefan
--
Stefan Schmidt
Network Manager

From RFC 1925:
"Good, Fast, Cheap: Pick any two (you can't have all three)."

Home | Main Index | Thread Index