[linux-dvb] Re: Lots of cx88_wakeup n buffers handled (should be 1) messages

"Roger James" <roger@beardandsandals.co.uk> writes:

> My DVB setup (2.6.9 + patches) appears to be just about working. However I
> am seeing lots of
>
> "cx88_wakeup: n buffers (handled should be 1)

Isn't critical, but indicates pretty high IRQ latencies.

The driver has woken up two (or even more?) buffers at once because
the IRQ handler ran _that_ late that the next DMA buffer was filled
already.

> I am suspicious of my 2.6.9 build as the system seems to be a bit more
> sluggish than it used to be.

Only when using dvb?  Or in general as well?

> What do these messages mean (I am guessing, slow response to IRQ?) and does
> anyone have any suggestions where I should be looking.

Yes, something is fishy and causes the high IRQ latencies.  Hard to
say what exactly.  Maybe someone keeps a lock for a insane long time.
Maybe the IRQ routing is broken.  Might be completely unrelated to
dvb.

  Gerd

--
#define printk(args...) fprintf(stderr, ## args)

Home | Main Index | Thread Index