[linux-dvb] Re: dvb-ip : Which TwinHan's card is better ?

On Fri November 5 2004 9:03 am, bino_oetomo wrote:
> Dear All
>
> I'm a user of DBV-IP service
> Currently I use Broadlogic card on RH-73.
>
> I want to move to debian based Router OS just like
> http://leaf.sourceforge.net
>
> I Found 2 product from TwinHan that mentioned to run under linux
> open-source driver

Twinhan has proprietory drivers for the 2.4 kernel based distros, Suse 9.0,
RH9, Mandrake 9.2. They might make their driver open-source, some time soon.
Even then, no support/proprietory drivers for debian.

> -TwinHandDTV Sat
> http://www.twinhan.com/product_satellite_1.asp
>
> - TwinHanDTV MiniSat
> http://www.twinhan.com/product_satellite_2.asp
>
> Question :
>
> 1. Which one of those 2 cards is better (in term of 2 mbps 1-way service)
>

> 2. Is there any files/tools that i have to look beside
> http://www.linuxtv.org/download/dvb/linuxtv-dvb-1.1.1.tar.bz2 ?

Cannot say which one is better since both do not have full support.
Currently you can watch only FTA channels on a Twinhan card with linuxtv-dvb.

Manu

Home | Main Index | Thread Index