[linux-dvb] Supported HDTV card for use in Europe?

Dear linux-dvb / vdr users,

Is there any supported HDTV capable card available here in Europe, to be used with actual dvb-kernel and VDR?

As I can't get my budget card (SkyStar2) to work with the actually broken skystar.c driver, I thought I maybe should replace it with a second FF one, but it would make more sense, to have a new HDTV card instead of a second Nexus-S.

If something like this is still not available, anybody heard about such a card to come (and from which manufacturer)?
Of course it should be a FF card with hardware HDTV support and the possibility to use CI-modules.

BTW Can someone explain again, how HDTV should be able with a normal budget card (like the SkyStar2)? As I have seen so far, watching a HDTV live-stream is impossible, so it is all about recording such a stream, and then using a fitting player (like mplayer or VLC) to view it, right? But I never got that to work, is there anything special to do? I have VDR 1.3.15 with the HDTV patch. And what exectly was the reason, why this is not possible with a FF card?

--
Sincerely,
Master One

Home | Main Index | Thread Index