[linux-dvb] Re: FE_REFACTURING: skystar2: no data

On Tuesday 09 Nov 2004 20:05, w-thiel@gmx.net wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> many thanks for your time.
>
> On Tue, Nov 09, 2004 at 09:43:53AM +0000, Andrew de Quincey wrote:
> > Was this with the in-kernel drivers or with CVS-REFACTORING?
> >
> > Please try the latest CVS HEAD - the problem may be fixed - I cannot test
> > as I do not have one of those cards.
>
> Sorry, still no go :-(
>
> "Master One"'s problem and mine seem to be unrelated: he has problems
> with 2.6.10-rc1, I don't: 2.6.10-rc1 is working just fine.
> I also had a look at the skystar2.c: I don't think that REFACTORING
> changed anything of importance.
> It will be a problem in the frontends: for him, it's the change from
> 2.6.9 to 2.6.10-rc1, for me (stv0299) it seems to be the switch to
> REFACTORING.

I'm wondering if its when the stv0299 is initialised.... this sounds unlikely
to me, but you never know. If you still have the prefreactoring drivers about
(and can be bothered)....

Could you try disabling any autoloading of DVB modules, power down the
machine, power it up, load skystar2 and let it initialise and THEN load the
stv0299 driver.

Also, could you try loading stv0299 and then loading the skystar2 driver as
well, just in case.

I'll have another trawl through the source.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index