[linux-dvb] Re: Leadtek LR6650 (Conexant) scan / lock problems

> On Thursday 11 Nov 2004 11:49, Gavin Hamill wrote:
>> On Thursday 11 November 2004 11:35, andy@brainpipe.org wrote:
>> > Is it likely to be a driver issue, or do I need a better aerial?  I've
>> > tried the roof aerial with a booster and also tried a set-top aerial,
>> but signal strength never seems to get beyond 0x0055.
>>
>> FWIW, the signal strength value on these cards (I have one off eBay,
>> too)
>> seems to be inverted... i.e. a really strong signal for me is about 56,
>> and
>> as I move the aerial away, the value increases until I get no lock at
>> all...
>
> Again, I have no docs on that chip :(
>
> I'll have a look at the signal strength thing if I have time tho.

Hmmm... maybe my signal is too strong   :-)

Actually, prior to this morning, I hadn't managed to lock on to the BBC
multiplex, but whilst tzapping again to get some 'failed' output, it
locked on for the first time, and streamed perfectly!  The ITV multiplex
is still unlockable though.

Thanks for the quick responses.

Andy

Home | Main Index | Thread Index