[linux-dvb] Nova-T USB No such device or address

Hi,

I am having trouble getting my Nova-T USB device to work under the
Yoper Linux distribution running a 2.6.8 kernel.

I am fairly new to linux and although I belive I have followed the
instructions to the letter so far, could have missed something out.

I have tried both the drivers that come with the kernel and the ones
from the CVS tree and both seem to give me the same problem.

When I run the insmod.sh load script I get the following messages in
the dmesg output:

DVB: registering new adapter (Technotrend/Hauppauge Nova-USB).
DVB: registering frontend 0 (Philips TDA10046H DVB-T)...
usbcore: registered new driver Technotrend/Hauppauge USB-Nove

I am assuming from this message that the drivers have loaded ok.
Unfortunately I then try and test the card by using the scan command
and all I get is an error message saying "No such device or address".
I have run the MAKEDEV-DVB script to create the /dev/dvb directory,
but when I try and cat the frontend0 device in /dev/dvb/adapter0 all I
get is the same message "No such device or address".

If anybody could help me out I would be most grateful.

Thanks in advance.

Paul

Home | Main Index | Thread Index