[linux-dvb] Re: FC3, new NOVA-T model, xawtv and sysfs/udev

lamikr wrote:
Hi

Another option, instead of creating nodes with makedev.sh,
is to set dvb specific rules under /etc/udev.

See documentation from /usr/src/linux/Documentation/dvb/udev.txt.
This will however require pretty new kernel or building dvb drivers from the tv-time orgs website.
(2.6.8 is not new enought)

I submitted patches to Linux Mandrake and they added these rules to udev.rpm coming with the Mandkrake 10.1.
(Official 2.6.8 kernel coming with Mandrake 10.1 does not has new enought dvb drivers,
but their 2.6.7 multimedia kernel in contrib has newer dvb drivers which are correctly detected by the udev rules.)

So if you need help for writing those rules, just download

ftp://ftp-stud.fht-esslingen.de/pub/Mirrors/Mandrakelinux/devel/cooker/cooker/media/main/udev-030-24mdk.i586.rpm
extract it with cpio (see http://networking.ringofsaturn.com/Unix/cpio.php)
I find mc a better better tool to browse through rpm files.

and check following files for help
/etc/udev/permissions.d/00-udev.permissions (cat 00-udev.permissions | grep dvb)
/etc/udev/rules.d/ 06-dvb.rules
/etc/udev/scripts/dvb.sh
Cool, thanks. As FC3 is brand new and has all the latest tools and kernel-2.6.9 I guess adding these rules will work. I'll try this.

Best regards,
Bernd.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index