[linux-dvb] Re: new dec2000t h/w

On Sat, Nov 13, 2004 at 11:22:27PM +0100, zardoz@zardoz.ath.cx wrote:
> On Saturday 13 November 2004 22:59, Alex Woods wrote:
> > On Sat, Nov 13, 2004 at 10:22:48PM +0100, zardoz@zardoz.ath.cx wrote:
> > > what else do you need ?
> > >
> > > saa7146: register extension 'budget dvb'.
> > > saa7146: register extension 'budget_ci dvb'.
> > > saa7146: register extension 'budget dvb /w video in'.
> > > usb.c: registered new driver Technotrend/Hauppauge USB-Nova
> > > usb.c: registered new driver ttusb-dec
> > > ttusb_dec_init_stb: unknown model returned by firmware (00070013) -
> > > please report
> >
> > This version is handled in the version of the driver in CVS.  I believe you
> > need to use the 'T2' firmware with it.
>
> aehm what does T2 mean ? I'm new to dvb, my first day actually ;-)
> I did a fresh cvs checkout a couple of hours ago :
> cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@linuxtv.org:/cvs/linuxtv co -P -rlinux_2_4
> dvb-kernel

The change is only in the head branch of CVS.  It's an easy one though, just
add a line like this after the case for 0x00070009:
                        case 0x00070013:

The T2 firmware is in the executable zip file from the hauppauge website
(http://hauppauge.lightpath.net/de/dec218.exe).  It's called STB_PC_T2.bin.
Put it where you'd normally put the 2000t firmware file - for more info see the
docs under the linux/Documentation/dvb tree.

--
Alex

Home | Main Index | Thread Index