[linux-dvb] Re: Frontend for skystar2 (Technisat Airstar 2 DVB-T)?

Nico Sabbi wrote:

Christoph Peus wrote:

How should this autodetection of the correct frontend work? (It does not seem to work for me!?)

Frontend autodetection works with recent CVS only, not in kernel 2.6.9 vanilla drivers.

How to find out the correct frontend when autodetection doesn't work?

Airstar 2 uses mt352 frontend.

If your kernel has the mt352 module, you can try modprobing it. Without frontend autodetection you may have to (I had) use mt352 module option force_card=2

Why is /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0 missing in my devfs? (Will this appear when the correct frontend module is loaded?)

Yes, it will.

you  need a recent cvs checkout and use skystar2+mt352

With current CVS the manual modprobing of frontend driver (mt352) is no longer necessary, modprobe skystar2 should be enough.

--
Anssi

Home | Main Index | Thread Index