[linux-dvb] stuttering video problem solved: ioctl() for berr and snr takingtoo long

Hi All,

I posted a few times about a stuttering video problem I had with my
Av771. I've tracked it down to a modification I made to mplayer to
display the current BitErrorRate and SNR on screen. I used this code:

      strength=0;
      if(ioctl(priv->fe_fd,FE_READ_SNR,&strength) >= 0)
          dvb_snr = strength;
      strength=0;
      if(ioctl(priv->fe_fd,FE_READ_BER,&strength) >= 0)
          dvb_ber = strength;

With 2.6.9-rc2, bttv patches, dvb-kernel-cvs it worked fine, but with
2.9.10-rc2, this code takes about 0.5 seconds to complete, so it halts
my video. Not a big deal, I can do without it, but what was changed to
make this so? Should/Can I set the fd non-blocking?

Peter.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index